Wednesday, January 28, 2009

slow start...

So i have to say that 2009 is off to a slow start for me... particularly my etsy stuff.  I have had the random purchase here or there but it is slower than i wanted it to be.  I dont expect to get rich off my goods but it would be nice and reassuring if it would at least cover the material costs to make it, that alone would make me happy!  I hope that things start to pick up!  
The funny thing is that i keep creating new designs and i have a bunch i need to photograph and put on etsy even though my sales are non-existent right now.  I find comfort in the fact that i will make this stuff even if no one buys it because i think its cool and its something that i am really into.  
I hope that others in my situation will find the guff to ride it out...it will get better.  My sales aren't up right now but my spirits are.  I am back to shooting photographs all the time. I am in the process of creating some new Art work, particularly collage and bookbinding.  I am slowly learning the ins and outs of my industrial sewing machine.  I hope to create something very soon with it!  
I think the push for me now is that i want to go back to school and get my MFA and hopefully teach college kids photography!   This is my driving force right now. I need to pump up my portfolio, get out some good work, and hope that i can land in a good MFA program somewhere and sometime in the near future.  I am riding my fixie a ton and i am continually coming up with ideas for photo shoots, etsy product, and I generally have a sense of busy excitement...  So if  i am rich with anything this month it is definitely motivation, creative ideas, and the will to muscle through the hard times! 

1 comment:

  1. hello mr. jay d.,

    glad i found your blog, by surprise (on the fgg). looking forward to the welding class beginning after the 28th of this month.

    i now have two superior analog print machines, though only one has the typeset to go with it (ebay score, the second is free to you), i've been playing around with the first one, and the font i have is fairly plain, but the effects you can get out of double/triple/quadruple printing is worth the price of admission.

    adios.

    ReplyDelete