Monday, January 12, 2009

Back to Basics and a sense of normalcy!





Today is the first day back for classes at both of the colleges i work at...So i started the morning the way i always like to, with a bike ride.  I recently purchased a new frame which was a no-name Mercier Kilo TT. I needed to feed my bike habit with a new build. With little money for excess (NJS or any vintage track frame) i was coming up short!  I found these on bikeisland.com and was watching them for a while.  It is a really nice frame and has a nice flat-crown fork, with rear rack braze-ons!  This worked out perfectly for me because i wanted to build a pseudo-rando bike.  I dont want to load it to the gills but as of now i have a Velo-Orange bar-bag and a military surplus ammo bag in the rear. Soon to be replaced with another Velo-Orange bag, Acorn, Minehaha, or a Carradice!  I will post pics of the bike.
On another bike note, i put a brake on my pseudo-rando because wanting to do long distances it is not good on the legs or tires to be skidding down every hill i climb and descend...What i have noticed is that the young crowd seems to write me off for riding a brake on my fixed gear.  I have no problem what people decide to do with their bikes, (although i do ride my Pake brakeless) i dont judge anyone, as long as you are riding thats cred' enough!  I think a certain sector of fixed kids carry a sense of superiority over others riding around on a track bike with no brakes.  Dont feel discouraged, remember that when this "fad" is over for the hipsters all those frames that are now plus $1000's will be back to $500's range! I cant wait!
Say hi to our new runt!  She was something we had to keep!  Here is a new design for my etsy site. Bonafide! is in full effect!  And some random b.s.


No comments:

Post a Comment