Sunday, January 25, 2009

650c vs 700c





So i am about to get my 650c wheel in soon...I have been researching and obsessing over the idea of the 650c vs the 700c debate...Prolly posted on his blog the very debate.  I respect Prolly's views and his riding style very much so I take what he says in high regard...but f$%&@ it!  I am old, married, and broke, so i am just getting on the 650c thing as it seems to be on its way out!  Go figure: a day late and no dollar short!  
I have two different bikes for two different reasons...I have my Pake with the soon to be 650c wheel with riser bars and a deep v rear.  This is my tricky track bike.  I also have an unbadged Mercier setup with an Aerospoke front, track drops, and different gearing.  I find that the debates and comments people are leaving on various boards is totally negative...
I understand the, "if you want to do tricks get a bmx!" But i came out of the skateboarding scene and no disrespect to bmx but i just aint into it!  I ride my fixie the way i skate. I look to do lines and runs and stay to the flat land tricks.  But i can totally respect the skill of bmx and the tricks that fixed gear has pulled from them is obvious.  But where is the frickin' love people.  The boards are full of hate...People are hating on the trick scene and people are hating on the mashers, the velodromers, etc.  WHo cares!  Ride how you want. Find like minded individuals and hang out with them.  I dig the kids that trick out, i dig the velodromers and respect the mashers.  Its all good right.  Respect your brethren and create community not hate and disrespect!  

Here are some pics to get me through till i get picks of the 650c....the debate rages on!

No comments:

Post a Comment