Monday, January 19, 2009

MLK Day!





It never ceases to amaze me that so many people forget why we get so many Mondays off...I am guilty of this as well. Days off of work or school usually mean that someone died for a noble or note-worthy cause.  How did you spend MLK day?  Probably not thinking much of the man who stood up against racism and prejudice and set the bench mark for what it means to be a good decent human being. A human being who ultimately cared so much more about himself and more for his cause that he was willing to die for it...How many of us can stake that claim?
    I usually try to associate my feelings of the world with cycling...I know pathetic but true!  I got up this morning stretched and took out my unbadged Mercier for a stroll.  I spent my time avoiding getting hit by various unaware, uninterested, and some down right stupid people!  I thought to myself what can i do to cause more awareness for cyclists?  How could i make our presence more felt?  I am willing to die for my cause?  Probably not, at least not intentionally...My world revolves around me being on my fixie with the wind whipping across my face, the sun chasing me across my path, and the faint sound of car horns through my ipod earbuds!  I want to become more involved with my brethren, my fellow cyclists, and everyone in-between.  I want to focus some interest on my Etsy site with cycling awareness and things to help enrich and benefit my two-wheeled family.  
     I could almost get killed daily by a motorist and what would i be leaving behind.  A mangled corpse who spent too much time on his hobbies, paid less attention to his family then he should have, offered nothing to his cycling community.  I dont want to go out in vain so change is upon brothers and sisters!  Make it happen, do something to benefit your cycling community today!  

Tell next time my friends...

No comments:

Post a Comment