Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Back to the Grind!






Back to the Grind indeed!  Things are in full swing now with work at both of my jobs and I have been trying to work in my studio (garage) after work.  I try to work from 10/11pm-2am.  Burning both ends of the candle i find that i think  a lot more about how much time i dont have.  My wife told me that if i had my way i could live on a deserted island with all my hobbies and spend the rest of my life there...That statement stirred through me and made me feel quiet and sad inside.  I think sometimes as artists, crafters, tinkerers, etc. we forget that we have lives outside of ourselves... I need to remember that I have a wife, family, dogs, friends, and colleagues that need my time and input as well. 
Tracked another dozen or so miles this morning on my fixie...I get a different feeling when i am on my brakeless as opposed to my fixed with a brake.  I was almost taken out by a motorcycle who made a left turn in front of me as i crossed the intersection.  I somehow did not exist in his world and he slammed his brake and i slammed my middle digit!  I rode off not thinking too much about it, but what if....That's what prompted this whole post was that I need to have no loose ends left in my life. I cant leave this world with regrets.  SO from now on i am going to spread my love and my time to everyone in my life and give my hobbies and craft just a tad less time...or i learn to live on this planet sans sleep!  Lets see what develops...

No comments:

Post a Comment