Tuesday, February 17, 2009

MCD last night!




I am very pleased to say that i saw the Murder City Devils last night...and they kicked ass!  They played the Glasshouse, Pomona, Ca last night.
The night began with some food and drink at Aladdin Jr.'s in Pomona with friends, and then off for some french coffee at a Vietnamese joint, very very good coffee actually.  Then off to the venue.
  The show was good. A nice playlist. Some of my favorites were played too, Bride of the Elephant Man, Bear Away, Johnny Thunders.  The crowd was pretty subdued compared to the last time i saw them, but that was 9 years ago...Spencer was in top form, as was everyone else, Leslie rocks the electric organ!  
I saw a lot of "mini-moody's" too! These are guys that obsess over looking and taking on the persona of Spencer. People who have so little personality of their own that they think street cred is inevitable if you mirror your idol.  Not into it at all.  What do they say about imitation...
On that note i saw way too many flannels (myself included), and tons of caps. Everyone had an L.A. hat on. I don't prescribe to the, "Oh i live in L.A. or Cali, i can only wear a hometown cap."  I have just about every MLB team fitted and in many colorways.  I am a fan of design, logos, and insignia.  So many good ones besides the L.A. logo.  I rocked my Seattle Mariners cap in respect for MCD.  They showed the Inland Empire some love and i am a better person for seeing them...again.  MCD is dead, long live the Murder City Devils!



No comments:

Post a Comment