Monday, February 16, 2009

After-Work Session!







Sorry...I have been neglecting my blogger duties as of late. Bad weather coupled with too-much going on means that i do nothing! Makes sense right.  I have been rolling on my new Velocity 650c front tire for the last few weeks and have nothing bad to say so far. I may have a few complaints though... For one, commuting on this thing is kind of a no-no.  THe steering is twitchy and very tight, might be something i have to get use to.  I also find that i had to raise my stem add a spacer or two, but feel that a new set of higher risers would fix all that. ( I really hate a threadless stem that sits on a dozen spacers...looks so very terrible.) 

Another gripe i have is that finding a decent tire that is readily available for it is kind of a wash.  I went to the only shop in my area (shout of the Jax Bike Shop, Claremont, California!) that had one in stock.  Of course it was some Bontrager race-something-or-other and cost about $50 bucks...boo!  I can order them on-line but i am one that enjoys the response of going into a shop and touching the items and communicating with other human beings...thats just me though!  On a lesser note...why the hell can't i get a 650c tire in colors. Gran Compe ss, Vittoria Rubino and Zaffiro, Michelins, the list goes on and on for the 700c crowd. But i can hear it now, "Stop your whining, and get a 700c tire, 650's are so last year"...) But i have never been one to follow trends, i do what i want, and what i think is cool and it seems to have worked out for me. Carve your own path people its the only way to get to the finish line!

Enough about my bitching and stitching.  THis has been a slow week for everything im into. I did put up some new Etsy stuff last week to tide everyone over till i get to work on my next set of goodies!  I am also in the process of jumping into the sewing world with some top-tube pads and possibly some cycling caps if i can get the stitches right.  I have lots of friends who will R&D and test out for me!  

When it rains it pours, if its coming down then get down indoors!  Here are some pics of the indoor after work session my buddy Ryan and I partook in on Friday! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment