Friday, July 16, 2010

Stop your Whining!





Ok...Today i talked to someone from my past and he asked me what i was up to. I answered, "I am working at a college and that I was making work." He said, "You have a job, why are you making work?" I thought to myself that my job is not my life. I make work because that is my life, my therapy, my process. I obviously am not making money off of my photography, (although i wish i could make a living from it!) but i make my artwork anyway. I don't compromise my beliefs, my work, or what i put out for anyone. I could probably crap out a bunch of photo stuff and collage stuff that would sell to people but thats just not me...I am torn between wanting to make a living and continue to make my Art my way! I am a bad self promoter, I am not always the most sociable person off the bat, and I don't always want to play ball. So here i sit in limbo wanting to have my cake and eat it too...

2 comments: